In this video I became one of only 87 toons that have managed to defeat Carnage Baal on Disgaea 5 for the PS4. I tested this on normal difficulty because I had not tried it before and did not want to pull this on 20 stars until I could beat it. The 20 stars strategy will come at a later time but I found some strategy on a random website and tried putting it to use.
You only need 2 squad attacks – so put your two strongest people in the squad with the 20 people each = and both as leaders. I use Foot Solider and Supply Depot squads.
The characters you will need:
- Two maxed out Sages to be your main attackers
- 2 Bears, with enough HP to enter the map
- 1 Nine Tails, preferably Izuma
- 1 Maid with Erylander Z overload
- Logan with his overload
- Zeroken with his own overload
- Christo with his overload
- 6 Archers with Erylander Z overload
For the sage, the first sage that squad attacks Baal will be setup with an Evility setup
The second Sage that squad attacks the Baal Bits will have this setup:
The first Sage gets a Bear and Usalia, The Second Sage gets a Bear and Izuna for magic change.
Zeroken and Logan will have evility setups that are wrestler oriented with Pro Tosser and allows them lift from two squares away. Before you magicchange any monsters, position them to help Zeroken clones to throw the geo blocks ATK and DEF onto purple, then the one enemy boost block from purple onto yellow. Equipping Beetle on both of them is helpful for this fight but both must have revenge ready to go as soon as they enter the map. If they got other unique evility slots use the Maid and Kunochi ones.
Archers Evility Setup looks like:
- Support Attack, Evil Eye, Lovely Song, Cursed Dance as Uniques
- Common: Lock Eyes, We All Get Along, Second Attack, Flying Bullets, Power Shot, Bad Trip
Maid Evility Setup
- Unique: Lovely Song, Evil Eye, Cursed Dance
- Common: Know How to Use It, Licensed Caregiver, Angel Leadership, Angel Flight, Dark Song
Christo Evility Setup:
- Unique: Tactician, Superlative Ally, Cursed Dance, Evil Eye, Lovely Song
- Common: Dark Song, Lock Eyes, Angel Leadership
Zeroken Evility Setup:
- Unique: Flowing Water, Underdog Bravery, Support Attack, Cursed Dance, Evil Eye
- Common: Power Throw, Flying Bullets, Vacuum Lift, Dark Song, Lock Eyes
Logan Evility Setup:
- Unique: Support Attack, Cursed Dance, Evil Eye
- Common: Power Throw, Vacuum Lift, Flying Bullets, Dark Song, Lock Eyes
Usalia and Izuma setups
- Unique: Bully, Evil Eye, Cursed Dance
- Common: Unity, Ambush, Dark Song, Lock Eyes
- Unique: Bully, Rage Charge, Cursed Dance
- Common: Ambush, Dark Song, Lock Eyes
In this battle, All Out Attack is required but Final Trump Card is NOT. Note that I do not have the evility setups for all the characters as I was merely dry running the fight but somehow won in this battle:
I did not use Sardines in this battle but the Sage only needs enough SP for Squad Attack.